Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, for those who haven't made it to the other-side yet... Enjoy 2005 while it lasts!

After a bit of a walk to the Wentworth Falls, not too far from where I'm staying (beautiful landscape though the falls were a bit dried out!), I made my way towards Sydney with two guys I'd met whilst here at the hostel. We ofcourse went to the falls at the hottest time of the day, which meant I burnt just a bit more! LOL!

Well, 12 hours have already lapsed of the new year! It's almost as if yesterday never happened! When we arrived in Sydney we had to hike a fair bit, because several places where closed off already to control the huge crowds which had already arrived at 9am that morning! We on the other hand arrived at just over 7pm and still managed to secure a good spot. I have a really nice picture when it was still light of the harbour full of hundreds of boats that just came out for the evening. Must be a great view from there! But once again I can't upload any pictures for a while! Sorry!

At 9pm the fireworks display for the families started which was really cool! Enjoyed the build-up to the "moment". When the time finally came for the main event to begin, everyone was standing with their digital cameras pointed towards the bridge and waited. It's quite a cool scene when you see like hundreds of LCD screens glowing in the dark. All in all the atmosphere was amazing and so were the fireworks! Several times I had to pinch myself to make sure I was really here in Sydney watching the show LIVE! The theme was a beating heart, which was on the middle of the bridge. I also enjoyed watching several boats sail by with hundresds of lights on their masts so you could see their outline. Really cool! Got several pictures though my camera isn't really good for night shots so I'll try post a couple soon! To anyone: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

We got the train back to Katoomba at half past one and arrived just before 4. We were planning on going around the bars in Sydney, but it was too busy so we opted to go see the Three Sisters with the sunrise. We had to stay awake for another 2 hours and we walked to the lookout point. Once again I'm sorry for not being able to share the photos!

Finally made it to bed just before 7 this morning. So managed a 24hour stint! But definitely worth it! I've only slept 4 hours becuase it's too hot to stay in bed now! going to top 35 degrees but I'm sure it will be hotter!

Have a blessed New Year guys! Enjoy!x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home