Friday, December 30, 2005

Another hot day...So resting

They said it was going to be 32 degrees today, but I don't believe them. I mean, you're standing outside for 5 min and already sweat is streaming down your face! YUCK! So, where's the water???? All I seem to occupy my brain with these days is: DRINK WATER! The so called recommended intake for 2 liters is definitely not enough!

So, I decided I would take a day relaxing here. I may go with the tourist bus here and go for the ride since I got a coupon to go on a full circuit for free, so what the hell? Why not?

Met this guy David here at the hostel and we decided we wanted to go see the cricket test match between Australia and South Africa (Candice: I wish you were here.....Promise we'll go together some time when they're in Europe ok?) Just thought that since I'm such a cricket fan, why not? David comes from England but wants to support SA. If you're not from Australia that's normally the way to go! But then again, because he loves rock climbing and went to South Africa before he came out here to Australia and loved SA. Prefers several things in SA to here in Australia....So all you South Africans: from several people I've met already...A glowing report all the way round! Today is a sad day, as it seems South Africa will lose the second test match. The third test match is in Sydney and we decided to go see it on the fourth day (for those who don't know: cricket matches can take anywhere between a half a day to 5 days to finish....I'm going to a five day test match). The fourth day will probably be very exciting anyway. So we've just booked the ticket for the 5th of January!

Went to look at hats today, and the price range is incredible! Anywhere between 15 and 200 euros! It's a big thing here in Australia. Tried on this pink hat that I liked a lot but then found out it wasn't a display hat but was one that had been bought already! Drat! But the lady was like, "put it on, let me see" and she was like, "that looks lovely on you dear! You have to get it! Pink's your colour!" So, now I really want to buy it (luckily they have more in stock!) but they have a purple one as well, and now I'm thinking that perhaps purple is a better idea since pink often clashes with everything! Decisions, decisions.... (look at me! This holiday is getting to my brain already! Making such a big thing out of nothing!.....)

Planning to go to Sydney tomorrow for the big firework session! Can't wait! Apparently the theme of the evening is a big heart in the middle of the harbor Bridge. Promises to be a good night! And the lovely thing about the public transport here is that they are putting in extra trains that evening from here to Sydney and back! It's amazing!

Right, just back from the bus trip...not very fun. No information what-so-ever, just where the bus stops are. But hey, if you don't try then you'll never find out now, would you?

Sad news, South africa just lost the cricket match:(
I supppose that means that they'll win in Sydney right? They were just making it a bit more fair on the Aussie's....

Well, hope you're all enjoying your holidays!
Hugs.x

1 Comments:

At 12/30/2005 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Iris, its Lindy!
Very Happy New year to you!
Enjoy the Sydney Firework, I will be watching on CNN! LOL
Take care and maybe your wishes come true for 2006.

Lindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home