Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sydney!!!

Well, so much for being jet-lagged! I seem to have beaten it very well because I'm not experiencing all the waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to wake up in the mornings! Maybe it's because I slept so well on the plane!

But I didn't even say how I managed to get to the airport in Johannesburg in the end! Here I was in Nelspruit and all the direct buses from Nelspruit to the airport were fully booked on the 24th. They weren't going on the 25th so the plan was to stay up all night at the airport! Fun! But in the end it was a blessing in disguise that the buses were full that day! I managed to get a bus to Pretoria for the 24th (which was delayed by more than 2 and a half hours because the bus comes from Mputo and crossing the border from Mozambique into SA is something to not be boasted about!) and then arranged for a hostel in Pretoria to pick me up from the station. They had planned a braai and all guests were welcome. It turned out to be a lovely evening and I felt like I was one of the family! It was amazing to see how having met all these people just that evening and having a lovely time till 3am! I guess it's a bit stupid seeing as I had such a long flight the next day, but hey....I ended up having 3 seats! So slept like a baby! And the nice thing is that they bought me all the way to the airport...On Christmas day!

I went to Sydney today to see all the top touristy sites. Here's a tip for you if you're looking to lose weight: Go to Sydney for the day and just drink water! I swear! I didn't really eat anything yesterday besides 2 musli bars and 4 litres or water! Terrible I know....Should eat more! But when it's 32 degrees with the humidty being as high as it was....Well, all I felt like doing all day was DRINK!

Saw the Opera House and the harbor bridge. Went trigger happy here with my camera. Couldn't help it really! LOL! I even ran out of battery! Also went to the famous Zoo here: Taronga. There I saw some very cute Koalas and got to even stand below one and have a picture taken! Even though they may look very cuddly and all they seem to be reasonably aggressive if they need to be but they are very "tired" animals seeing as they sleep 20hours a day. This is mainly because of their diet....They eat eucalyptus leaves and there is very little energy in these leaves and they are very toxic and hard to digest. So most of the time they are sleeping while their stomach does all the work! Also saw some kangaroos....Lovely little things too. Saw some very strange animals indeed but all in all a very nice zoo to visit! Spent half of my day there. The views on the Harbour are also fantastic from the zoo because it's on the other side of the Opera House so snapped quite a lot here too until the battery ran out! No pictures for a while guys. Can't download them here. Sorry:(

Also got approached by a reporter while walking in the city yesterday! It was quite funny. THough she was doing a story on how people in Sydney felt about living in Sydney....so couldn't really take part in taht now could I? But they were really friendly....

Righty, time is running out on the internet!
Going walking tomorrow.... it's lovely being here in the Blue mountains!
toedeloo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home