SA time running out...
Well, once again I'm in Johannesburg! I left Estcourt on Friday:(
On Wednesday we said goodbye to the house we were babysitting and Louise and I went back to her house close to Durban. She had to do a presentation for the end of the year Forum for therapists (she's a speech language pathologist) the following day. Louise has this knack for being able to always do something creative when doing a presentation. This presentation was basically a summary of what she and her team at Estcourt hospital had done during their year of community service. When you do a medical degree or anything related to treating people here in SA you have to do a year of community service. Well, while presenting this, Louise hung up this paper boat when describing the fact that everyone that arrived there at the beginning of the year were all in the same boat. But then came the challenges and to symbolise this she tore sections off this boat and said that they were slowly sinking. But of course there were also highlights in the job that kept them all going which she showed by unfolding what was left of the boat and then it looks like a shirt which was their life jacket. I can tell you that after the conference everyone was talking about the boat! Louise also put on a good fight when a physiotherapist decided to attack the speech pathologist's profession. Louise was absolutely not impressed and stood up and told the whole forum that she wouldn't stand for such disrespect! Good on her!
Thursday evening we drove back to Estcourt after shopping madly in this shopping centre called “The Pavillion”. The whole trip was beautiful for a change because there was this threat of a huge storm, but instead the clouds just made a beautiful picture in the sky and the sunset was amazing! That evening I once again went to a Braai…I’m starting to feel like I don’t do anything else but eat meat, meat, meat… I’m going to start looking like a cow soon!
Friday we went to a party of one of the doctor’s in a town called Ladysmith. Once again: A Braai!!!!!! It was so hot that day! 38 degrees! Pffffff! I had already bought my bus ticket back to Joburg, but a this party I met two people going to Joburg and that they lived just 20 kms north of where I wanted to go! So I chose to get a lift with them and so I went and cancelled my bus ticket, which cost me 20% of the fare, but hey, with the rest of the money I bought the two guys coffee and drinks along the way. But before we left on Saturday towards Joburg, we all went to the Drakensburg to a place called Cathedral Peak. The birthday boy wanted to go play golf there, so I went for just the lunch and then we made our way to Joburg. I have to say: STUNNING!
Arrived in Joburg at 7pm and ever since just been here relaxing. All in all it’s just a joy to be back here. The people here are so kind. Tomorrow I’m off again to visit some people in Nelspruit. And then from there: AUSTRALIA! Eeeeeeek!
P.S. Have been trying to upload pictures but for some reason the server wont allow me! So will try up load a couple soon!x


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home