Yey! Finally!
Well, Well, Well…..
Hello dear people! How are you all doing? I’m doing really well and enjoying the last two weeks I have here in SA - wrote this blog 5 days ago, so will update once again tomorrow or Monday:). I can hardly believe how fast the time is going! I still find it hard to believe my world trip has started already! And I’m off to a foreign country now (well one that I haven’t been to yet! Lol!)
So, what have I done for the last 2 weeks?
Well the last time I was thinking of what I should dress up as since I was going to a Chinese Braai (a braai is a South African name for a barbeque, and a hinese braai is basically a stir-fry barbeque) and I needed to dress up as something beginning with a “c”. Thnaks for all those people that gave me all sorts of suggestions….cowgirl, continent, clock, Cinderella, cop, chicken…..in the end I went as a clown! Reason being that I don’t have that many things with me and you can easily put make up on your face! It was a good evening I have to say! Though most people went as a cowgirl and cowboy…..lol! some came as the crusader, candle (which was very creative) and also chokri (a Indian girl).
The day before this braai, Louise had to organise the decorations for the “quality improvement day” with the theme being infection control at the hospital she is working at. Louise and I got some money to buy some things for making these decorations and we made little bugs from sponges and pipe cleaners…it was really cool. Look at the pictures to see what I meanJ I felt lovely and creative! And we put these little bugs such that they seemed to have a tug of war with the bins (where everything should be put in) with the dirty vials and urine samples (all with fake blood and urine of course!).
Also went on a trip to Durban and went to a place that’s been totally redone! All new and looking very nice! It’s called USHAKA marine world and you can go see dolphins, seals, sharks….lots of exotic fish and it’s very creatively built! I saw the seal and dolphin show and was amazed at the beautiful fish we have here! There’s also a water world there but we decided that since the park is on the beachfront we’d save our money and go swim in the Indian Ocean! At first the water felt very cold but after getting used to it, I had a lot of fun diving under the waves!
This past weekend I was in this place called Hillcrest, and we were on our way to the market there to go Christmas shopping when this guy decided he couldn’t wait for us to turn right and so bumped into the back of Louise’s car…. Our windows were open and as he came past us he said “sorry” and drove off! I mean the cheek! But this just goes to show that some people are horrible while others are so kind, because when we just parked somewhere to collect our thoughts, this guy came to us and asked as whether we were ok and if we had managed to jot down the number plate number….which we had. We had to go to the police station and report the accident and then afterwards we could finally go shopping! Nothing bad happened really! Just a broken tail light!
Other than just enjoying my time here, I’ve been babysitting a house of one of Louise’s colleagues and also going to several end of year/Christmas parties with Louise and friends. It’s been quite a fun time really!
Righty guys, hope all is well and hope to hear from you guys soon (by emailing me or answering on my blog!)!xxx


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home