Friday, December 23, 2005

Sssssssssnake!

Hello people!

Well it's just 2 days and I’ll be at the airport ready to go to Sydney! How scary is that?????

The view from the restuarant in the Drakensburg. Wanted to upload it with the other pictures but it would let me!

It's proving to be difficult to get to the airport on Christmas day so it will be interesting to see how I do that! I can get to Johannesburg and Pretoria tomorrow and then I have to find a place to sleep to then catch my pane at around 6pm on Christmas day. Christmas this year will be strange...that's for sure!

I'm in Nelspruit at the moment visiting some friends and I have to say that it's been a nice relaxing time there. Two days ago, we went to a reptile park and then they had this demonstration of four snakes: the Puff Adder (which was really huffing and puffing away. Apparently 80% of all snake bites in SA are from the Puff Adder because they are lazy and people often stand on them), the Boomslang (which is the snake with the most toxic venom but luckily it's shy and trys to avoid you, as well as only having only a small amount of this toxin in its venom, therefore it's not as lethal as that Black Mamba is!), the Egyptian Cobra (beautiful when it "stands up") and last but not least an African Rock Python (it has the potential to be the third largest snake in the world). Well, they had a Python which was just over a meter long and we were allowed to touch it. It was so cute! BEAUTIFUL! So I asked whether I could hold the snake…and they said yes! Now let me say, that thing was heavy and really felt strange against my skin! AMAZING!!!!!!

Me holding the African Rock Python. Absolutely loving it!

I also went to see two movies: KING KONG and the latest Harry Potter movie. I enjoyed both of them but boy was king kong a long movie! Almost 3 ½ hours! But well worth a watch!

Well people, I wish everybody a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Just enjoy the day!

Hugs.xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home