Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blue Mountains farewell...

Yesterday was so hot that I decided to join in with the Movie marathon. It peaked at 41 degrees and with the hot winds, firemen had a real hard time to keep some fires under control down at the foot of the mountains! I ended up watching 6 movies after sleeping 3 hours. Crazy! What a waste of a day I guess, but since it felt like an oven outside I didn't feel like going outside and even if I wanted to go walking, it wouldn't be possible becuase they closed off all the hiking trails here to the public out of fear that some idiot might start a fire...seen lots of smokers just smoking in the forests....not a good idea.

But good news: it rained a lot last night and now it's nice and misty with the top temperature being a "crispy" 24 degrees! Yey!

Going to Newcastle now, a town north of Sydney (about 3 hours with the train from Sydney) so I have a bit of trek today. But it will be nice to go somewhere else now.

How is the new year treating everyone? I hope well. I can't beliweve we're in 2006 already! How crazy, huh? Righty, check out is at 10am and that's in like 40 min so gotta run!x

1 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 12:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Iris from Scotland. We had a quiet one, enjoying the new flat - went out for the fireworks over Edinburgh, very impressive. Sounds like you're having a great time, we're enjoying reading about it. A bit concerned you're spending too much time in front of a computer judging by the volume of posts! :-) Talk to you soon, Steve and Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home