And even more photos:)
Righty, some more pics but now from Lesotho, the last leg of my trip around SA.
The Mohale Dam. Apparently it was quite easy and "cheap" to construct in comparison to the Katse Dam.
The huge mass of water behind the Mohale Dam. And to think that there was just a valley here 4 years ago! You could actually see the footpaths people used to use on the mountain sides leading right up to the water...
Don't you just love the foal? In Lesotho you find so many horses and donkeys! People in remote villages use donkeys to carry big bags of staple foods.
My house I used to live in when living in Maseru, Lesotho. It's changed a lot! The Rondavel you see, never used to be there and the garden on the left used to be used for growing lots of vegetables. The number of trees have also been reduced which is a real shame as most of the trees were peach trees (I think we had 23 of them!) and 3 apricot trees. Boy, I used to eat myself sick with peaches! But also when the trees flowered it was a lovely site!
The Mafika Lisiu Pass at 3090m! Not so far off from the highest road pass in Southern Africa which is also in Lesotho and is at 3275m! It's like you're on top of the world! Literally!
The view from the Mafika Lisiu Pass. Stunning don't you think?
Me in front of the Katse Dam. Looks really imposing don't you think?
Me walking strangely by the Katse Lodge with the water behind me being the Katse Dam. This day I got very burnt! It's not a good idea to have short sleeve shirts on at such high altitudes! Believe me! Unless you want to look like a lobster/tomato?
A wild silk worm! I just loved this picture!
Bokong Nature Reserve. The building is curiously built but I think it's nice because it blends into its surroundings.
Me with my traditional basotho hat. Stylish don't you think? I actually bought it with the intention of making it into a light shade. Nice and original!
Another picture I loved. A man sitting on his donkey silhouetted against the beautiful background.
Gosh! I think that's quite a selection but I like them a lot! Hope you do too! Take care of yourselves!x


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home