Photos Continued....
I also went to see the latest Zorro movie which I really liked. I can't say it was a brilliant movie but it was a great entertaining movie at that! They even speak Spanish at times and it's good to know I can still understand it! LOL!
Enjoy the photos!
Valley of Desolation
Graaf-Reinet as seen from the view point
Odile looking out on to the Valley of Desolation with some very lovely and strange geological rock formations in front of her.
One of the many tortoises we saw when at the view point. This was just after a very heavy storm where we first watched the tortoises from the car and later went to see them from very close! Don't you think it's cute?
One of the many stunning limestone "flow" rock formations found in the Cango Caves near Oudtshoorn. I found this one particularly beautiful. It was huge! This formation was given the name "Organ Pipes" for obvious reasons.
Can you spot the Whale (or rather it's tail)? This was one of the best pictures I took of several whales we saw walking just once along the beach! It was absolutely amazing to see! Saw some moms with their baby which was adorable! This was when we were at Hermanus (about 80kms east of Cape Town) and is definitely worth a visit (though it is very touristy!).
Penguins found on Robben Island (the Island where Nelson Mandela was held for 18 years of his 27 years in prison). There were many more in this area of the island and they just waded there and made a lot of noise! LOL! But they were ever so adorable!
Cape Town! The very famous Table Mountain and Signal Hill as seen from the ferry taking us to Robben Island. We were standing outside on the boat, therefore enjoying the air rushing past you but at the same time get wet from the spray when the waves broke up against the hull of the boat. After a while I put on my jacket becuase it did get rather cold. Brrrrrrr....
Robben Island from the Boat with the South African Flag flapping furiously in the wind. This was on the way back to Cape Town.
This pole shows how far I have to travel to certain places. Sydney: 12202kms, San Fransisco: 16690kms and Buenos Aires: 6456kms...my word! What have I done?!?!?! Sooooooooooo many kms!
The lovely little house we stayed in in Beaufort-West where we got R100 rand discount because they had no curtains. Don't you think it looks cosy? Well it was, and I think this was one of the best places we stayed at.
How it looked like inside
Another typically beautiful South African sunset. This was in the middle of the Karoo.
The confluence of the Orange River and the Vaal River. Two of the main rivers of South Africa. The area was an oasis in the middle of the Karoo desert, and the birds loved it! There are sooooo many different types of birds to see here!
The big hole in Kimberly where they excavated so many tons of ground to get diamonds. Apparently ropes used to be stretched from one side to the other side of the hole and people would hang on these ropes with their buckets to collect some ground to later sift through it for diamonds.
Right, that's it for now...more photos of Lesotho next. Just so many good ones to choose from! Hope all is well with everyone!x



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home