Friday, November 25, 2005

Back to Square One...

Since I left Maseru, I have been to the Katse dam and the road taking you there goes over three very high passes. The highest of the three passes is at a height of 3090m! And boy was it steep! Our poor car had to climb up the remaining 800m in its first gear! You could hear it groaning! Poor thing!

The Katse dam was a sight to see. It's strange to think that before the dam was built, the people living in these remote areas of Lesotho were almost completely cut off from Maseru as the roads were not accessible for normal cars...now they live along a tar road (constructed for the construction of the dam).

I left Lesotho with several more memories and a lovely traditional hat...

We drove back to Johannesburg, which for the last 15kms was quite a challenge! It was raining so badly that on the highway where you're allowed to drive 120km/h, I was driving a meagre 40! Crazy! But we made it "home" fine and dry.

Now I’m just trying to plan my trip to Australia, which is a challenge because being the procrastinator I am, many places a fully booked so finding a place to stay is a challenge! Lol! But I think I’ve found something now.

Got to sort out my photos now (more than 600 of them!) to post them on this blog asap! Hope all is well with everyone! Hugs.x

1 Comments:

At 11/27/2005 10:11 pm, Blogger Nooy said...

Loved "chatting" to you over the e-mail just now! Really good to hear from you! And can't wait for those pictures!!! (oh and wait till you drive through a good snowstorm!! 40km/h is almost fast!) LOL glad you're enjoying it though!)
love and Hugz
Me, Moi, Ik, Ich, Ego...
Yesm.. I'll be back to spam your mail or blog!
Meike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home