Life as it now stands
To those who still may check this blog: No, I haven’t dropped off the globe, just merely getting sucked into everyday life. To stop myself writing an endless blog and therefore run the risk of making all you guys comatose, here’s a list of what I’ve been up to lately: 1. First of all - and not least - Merry Christmas to all of you and a Happy New Year!
2. When I got back from my world trip, I went to the doc for a check up only to find I had some skin virus.... YUCK!!! And I went to the dentist who had sheer pleasure in telling me I had to get my wisdom tooth pulled...
3. Get myself on a 2 and a half month waiting list to get my tooth pulled by the orthodontist.
4. Two weeks later I’m in so much pain: In five days I’m able to sleep a total of 10 hours, am so overdosed on drugs (something like 4 times the legal dose and on four different painkillers) and have hardly managed to eat. They finally slot me in for an emergency procedure and take out the last piece of wisdom I have! When they numbed me up, I was like: “I can see why drugs can be so addictive!”
5. Cycled to Germany and back for a day. Was fun to do and we did manage to get a bit lost!
6. My mother celebrated her 58th birthday on November the 13th and two days later was on the operating table getting herself a new hip!
7. My mother gets transferred to a convalescence home for the next two months.
8. Of course, just when my life is the most stressful, an agency finds me a job at IKEA (a DIY phenomenon here in Europe that all started in Sweden).
9. Two weeks later, I start a job at a circus...lots of clowns and animals and LOTS of very difficult clients! Man! Can people get grumpy or what!?!?!?!
10. Had the most fun working on Christmas days with great colleagues I met at this job.
11. My dad manages to fall from his bike due to ice on the road, after warning me that it could be slippery…Great show dad! Thanks for showing me:-) Luckily he didn’t break anything!
12. Job hunting is proving to be frustrating…not enough experience, too highly qualified, not qualified enough…Then I had an interview at this company and I was asked questions which they are NOT allowed to ask! I felt so violated!
13. Applied for a PhD position at the University of Bristol, England.
14. Went to England to discuss PhD projects and visit friends. Was great seeing several old professors of mine, and friends of course, but it still felt a bit strange visiting my old university.
15. After England I went to Ireland, a day later than planned because my flight was cancelled due to the huge storms we had here in Europe. 10 people died in the UK (mainly because of falling trees), all trains we cancelled in Holland, and several boats capsized. Quite relieved when my flight was cancelled!
16. Celebrated my friend’s, Michelle, 25th birthday after which I helped my mother move back home. Now I’m at home helping with all sorts of things we “normal” healthy people take for granted.
Now I’m just trying to get some part time job to tie me over to my move back to England. Also need to organise funding for my PhD and need to get some important things sorted… Life goes on…(sometimes I wish it would pause for a bit and give me a chance to catch up!!!!). Hope to hear from many – and if not – ALL of you guys!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home