Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ernesto, the hurricane that wasn't to be....

The excitement was shortlived here in Miami...

Yesterday I went on a tour to the Everglades, which is a national reserve and is well known for it's alligators. There's a lot of water there and so get a bit of a look at the the place, you have to go on one of the airboat tours....I tell you what, that was fun!!!!!!!!! I saw two alligators, some turtles and also a couple of american egrets (the big white ones) and generally enjoyed the scenery of water and a lot of grass! Just when the tour was ending, the dark clouds started to build up and the second part of the tour....to go to the Aquarium, was cancelled. So back to the hostel...

Apart from a bit of wind and rain, there wasn't much of a hurricane or tropical storm....Believe me, I've definately seen worse! So I can safely report that I'm good, though maybe even a bit bored, because yesterday every shop boarded up their windows (including ATM's got boarded up, which means I'm pretty broke...I have 2 dollars in my pocket and bit of change!!!!) so generally Miami shut down. It looks as though the shopkeepers are coming back this morning so hopefully I can draw some money this afternoon!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home