Thursday, July 27, 2006

Greetings from Paraguay!

Left Argentina for a little while to visit Paraguay for a few days. The amount of queues one has to pass to cross the border...man! You have to be dedicated! This morning the bus from Argentina stopped at the border and we were there for almost 2 hrs!!! And boy is it HOT! It's supposedly winter...yeah whatever!!! If you think 31 degrees celcius is winter then what the hell is the summer like here?!!?!?! I wouldn't like to find out!

In a few days I'll be crossing the border into Argentina once again to get to the Iguassau Falls. I trust the Argentinian/brazilian border more than I trust the Parguayan/Brazilian. Better safe than sorry (even if it costs a bit more!). I decided to treat myself and book myself into a 3 star hotel here in the capital city of Asunción...it set me back a cool 18 US dollars, therefore not really breaking the bank:-) Though considering that the most I've paid for a bed recently is like 6 US dollars, I really am treating myself!

I've seen some amazing cathedrals in tiny little towns in Argentina, but alas I wont be able to show you guys. I did manage to get a disposable camera for a few happy shots, and a few post cards....

Hope all is well with everyone!

1 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 11:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the beauty of post cards!!! great photos with out a camera!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home