Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Farewell Chile, Hello Argentina!

Well, it's been an interesting introduction to South America, and Chile has allowed me to experience my first earthquake, as well as to know how it feels to be stranded when it's flooding everywhere! Chile was amazing, and I would say: GO!!!!!!

Chile is very long (almost 5000km's!!!!) and narrow (about 150 to 200kms), has ultimate extremes on offer: The Andes on one side, the Pacific Ocean on the other, the extremely dry desert in the north and the ice caps, penguins, greenery (RAIN!!!) and lakes in the south...Also, the hundreds (and now I'm NOT exaggerating!!!) of different typical dishes they have is mindblowing...all of them delicious (well, I tried several but didn{t manage to try them all....ran out of time)! and the diverse culture between the north and south is also worth mentioning....All in all, a MUST on anyone's list of places to visit....

Now, I'm in Argentina....the home of the famous Tango, Evita and Steak:-) So far so good. I thought the people here would be very hard to understand since they have such a different accent and are famous for putting the accents of the words at different places...but, I find it charming! Really cool! I'm not going to do anything today! Just relax and read a book...tomorrow a lot of walking and and later on in the week I plan to go to the other side of the river for the day....to Uraguay. And then off to Paraguay.....

1 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 8:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should check your blog more often!

Glad you had fun in my motherland - makes me want to go back there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home