Hey! Give me my camera back!!!!!
Well, íf the title of my blog doesn't give it away, I was robbed yesterday by a mob of guys...and crazy me ran after them! They dumped my bag after they had taken out what they wanted, which I picked up, and then followed them into the Metro, where they couldn't carry on for a while, so I grabbed hold of two of them by the shirt and shouted at them in what ever Spanish came out of my mouth....much to the shock of the robbers, as well as the people standing by watching the spectacle...maybe with hindsight it wasn't very clever of me to grab hold of them like that, because they could have done a lot more harm...
But hey, there is a funny side to the story, because they dumped my bag and I relaised my Ipod was still in it ( I think they had missed it because it wa in a black cover and the inside of my bag is black), and when I got hold of two of the 8 robbers, they were so kind to give the case of my camera back!!!
I survived, have a bit of a sore arm from when they ripped the bag from me, feel a bit shit about the situation - becuase I now have no camera so no more pics, sorry - and am proud to say that I managed to give a statement to the police who were so nice but so inefficient - took like TWO hours! - in Spanish...I suppose the irony of the situation was that my camera had taken a hard hit, and I was planning on getting a new one when I got back...
To not let the bastards get the better of me, I just carried on sight-seeing and even went to the theatre last night....it's the most AMAZING theatre...I wish I could take pics...but i'll leave you with the link (Colón Theatre) of the theatre so you can check it out...take a look, you'll be amazed! Even more amazing was that I got a ticket to the theatre for just 5 pesos (about 2 US dollars or 1 pound sterling) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 Comments:
Excellent, Iris!
I'm sorry to hear about your camera... bad luck running into idiots like that. I got your Myspace message, and I enjoyed looking at your blog site on here! If you are ever back in California, let me know. It would be great to go hiking in Yosemite together again. =)
-Donn
Post a Comment
<< Home