Thursday, January 05, 2006

Dissapointing...

Well, Yesterday I didn't exactly do very much other than just write post cards, walked for 5kms along a pristine beach and play beach volleyball. That was great, because for some reason I played A LOT better then on Tuesday! It's so much fun when it finally goes your way, so this time our team won! Yey! And even better was the fact that we didn't have to worry about getting burnt at 5pm by the sun because it was nice and cool for a change:) Also ate a lot of pizza this night because the hostel was doing "all-you-can-eat-pizza" evening for $6 (about 4 euros) which is a very good deal! The rest of the evening just relaxed with fellow hostel people. Generally very nice and pleasant.

Today on the other hand it was very dissapointing! Left Newcastle at 5:45am to get here in Sydney at 9am to go to the cricket match. This morning they were still in a very good position and the chances of South Africa winning this one was good! But then the rain came and it kind of stayed! So now it will probably be a draw! DAMN! But then again, today it happened to be Lady's day at the cricket game and so the first 500 ladies that came to this one place at lunch time would get a nice bag of goodies! Well the bag is a very nice one! A nice little thing to keep....we also got sun lotion which is always nice to have! and two bottle of vitamins.....I mean, what the hell???? Oh well, I think I'll keep the sun cream and bag. Very useful.

When I entered the stadium I was so excited! Though the pitch looked so small in real life and the people playing on it even smaller! Lol! I mean, here are two teams playing with the top 12 in their country and it just looks like a school game, only because they look so small! And when the fast bowlers were bowling I couldn't even see the ball! Saw some spectacular things and it was quite an honour to see it there live, but the weather was very dissapointing. I mean, they didn't even play more than 25 overs (which is very little!) which therefore entitles me to a refund! Not bad I guess. Go see a bit of cricket action for free! Lol! But then again, the sad thing is that SA will probaly draw the match:(

Oh well, tomorrow I plan to see a bit more of Sydney and then also get my flight sorted for Saturday (going to New Zealand already! Can hardly believe it!) since the times for my flight seems to be a bit of a mystery. With my tickets and iteneraries - got several different print outs of those - my flight leaves at....8:55am, 11:20am and 11:50am. What a choice, huh?

Righty, gotta run! Hope everyone's having fun!x

P.S. I did finally buy a hat when I left the Blue Mountains. The hat shope had a slogan "A new year needs a new hat" and I thought: "Why not?". Got myself a purple hat and as Murphy's law would have it: I haven't worn it yet!

1 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 1:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to meet you at the cricket yesterday Iris! Australia show their raw power by even controling the weather yesterday so as to win the series..lol! Hope to see you soon. Gus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home