Good old Sunny South Africa!
Hi everybody! Greetings from South Africa!
I left Edinburgh early Sunday morning and when I got to London I had to go to Victoria station to get my tickets from my travel agent... after waiting for at least 15min, I eventually pushed my way to the front of the queue to explain that my plane was leaving in 5 hours and that I still had to get to the airport. They gave me the tickets and then as luck would have it, I found there were engineering works on the go on the Piccadilly Line and that I wouldn’t be able to go to the airport with the underground…grrrr…
But I found out we were allowed to take the Heathrow Express which is a train that goes to the airport but which is really expensive! But we were allowed to go with our tube tickets (which were a lot cheaper!)…. BONUS! So in the end I travelled almost in a circle within London (if you’re familiar with London, you’d know what I mean… from Kings Cross station to Paddington via Victoria). But in the end I arrived at Heathrow in good time and was too early to check in! Lol!
I found out that the reason why all my tickets had to be paper tickets and weren’t e-tickets, was because Honolulu doesn’t accept e-tickets! (You know what that means Meike! Lol!).
And now I’m just soaking up the sun, enjoying the various birds in the huge garden of the people where we’re staying, stock piling on biltong (dried meat…a real South African delicacy) and generally feeling like I’m at home again! Even though I only arrived yesterday and I expected to be dead tired, I felt great and so we went for a long walk yesterday afternoon. I saw the cutest thing yesterday…I was walking up the driveway when these two birds started making a huge noise while steadily walking away from me. Then I saw a tiny one walking next to them and I realised that they were warning us to keep away and trying to protect their little one! It took a while to realise that there was actually another one just behind us trying to make its way to its parents… It was adorable! Apparently this is a type of bird that lays its eggs on the ground and makes no nest…must be a feast for predators.
I’m going outside to enjoy the sun…it’s something like 27 degrees outside!


1 Comments:
Glad you made it! Don't get why Honolulu doesn't accept e-tickets because I always travel with them! on my way out and on my way in :) NEway, you go enjoy the sun! make sure you wear some sunscrean, I'll do the same! Have a blast out there! Love and friendship always!
Meike
Post a Comment
<< Home