Turtles, turtles and MORE turtles....
Turtle coming! Watch out!!!!!!!!!!!
Meike greeting a smaller turtle...
Yep! Definately trying to get into this picture!
Free as a bird...oh, turtle I mean....
Fresh air! Isn't that nice?!?!?! A turtle coming up to breathe.
Wow! Isn't it beautiful? I'm so close to this beautiful creature! I just love turtles!
What have I been doing lately??? Well, just chilling out mainly. Meeting up with Meike's friends, swimming, watching water polo, celebrating birthdays, going to the movies, hanging out at the beach and looking after children.... And I tried surfing, though the day we chose wasn't really a good day for surf, so we ended up floating far out at sea waiting for a wave, so I never got to try and stand up, though I did body surf one good wave! Was fun....even though it was hard work for me becuase I was in the company of a very elite group....four PROFESSIONAL waterpolo players: They all have or are representing their countries, and two of them have an olympic medal...hmmmm. I mean, I'm not a bad swimmer, but definately not as strong as them!
Look at me! I'm on a surfboard!
Basically just enjoying my time here:-)
Today I went to the department of Geology here to find out about studying in the US is general....Seems like A LOT of paperwork but hey, Hawaii isn't a bad place to study if you want to study volcanology.....But it's just so far away from home!!! But the finance part doesn't look quite so bad as I thought it would be....Thank God! Maybe I will end up studying in the USA after all....We'll see. Going to visit some universities in South America too, since there are loads of volcanoes to study there too....But I suppose, Hawaii really is the place for studying volcanoes up close and personal.....And the bonus is that they're not so dangerous here.....Oh yes, and Meike is here too....That's ALWAYS got to count for something! Don't you think?!?!?!? (Meike agrees full heartedly.....)
Well, on Sunday I'm off to California. I fly into San Francisco and will stay there for a couple of days, and then make my way over to the Rockies in Yosetime National Park, and then travel down to LA. Met someone in Australia that works at Warner Brothers Studio in LA and he's going to organize a visitor's pass for me so I can see the studios and he can give me a tour.....I can't wait....Wish I knew more about it all so I could bombard him with some really intelligent questions! LOL!
Enjoy the photos!



1 Comments:
Hallo Iris,
Als je echt serieus volcanology wilt gaan doen moet je beslist langskomen en the dat that Krakatau exploded lenen. Heb het nu bij me in Mali, maar ben wsch. eerder thuis dan jij ;p.
Groetjes
Rob
Post a Comment
<< Home