Greetins from Hollywood!
Yesterday, I treated myself to doing not much, and trying to catch up in my scrap book (very far behind at the moment! oops!). I was sitting there in the hostel lounge/dining area, when the boss of the hostel asked me if i wanted to sit in on the "cooking lesson" his chef had prepared...I thought, why not?!?! Four course meal AND free food! Yey!
The theme was to prepare things on your barbeque. So what food did i get?
First course: home made pizza
Second course: salad with crumbelled grilled salon fillet (he cooked a WHOLE salmon and there were just 8 of us!)
Third course: honey barbeque sauce chicken with barbequed corn and potatoes
Fourth course: Grilled peaches with ice cream!
YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was all gorgeous food....
With a full stomach, I headed for the bus stop where I waited and waited and waited for the bus to turn up. Then one of the ladies that was in the cooking class drove by and asked where I was headed and she said I could ride with her (and as Murphy's Law would have it, the bus turned up!). But I went with her anyway....
Once I arrived in Merced, I had to wait for 4 hrs till the Greyhound would be going to LA/Hollywood. It was Sunday, so I went to the centre and hoped something was open till around 11pm and sure enough, good old Starbucks as open till 10:30...I got the bus at 11:30 and arrived in Hollywood at 5am and am now at the hostel waiting to be checked in...surprisingly i'm not even that tired, considering I hardly slept last night...perhaps about 3hrs on the bus...
I've walked over some of those famed stars here on the pavement, but I hardly knew anyone! Though came accross Queen's star. That was pretty cool. I'm now going to take a wonder to the Kodak theatre...it's where the Oscars are handed out and it's just down the road...


1 Comments:
Am I the only one who is jealous? I think you should keep going, why stop after just one year?
Ps. Love the car. Its HUGE!
Post a Comment
<< Home