Thursday, June 08, 2006

Red Hot.....face!

So, after assessing the damage of cycling more than 30 miles yesterday here in San Francisco in the blazing sun my only conclusion was that I looked like a typical English-lobster-red-tourist (sorry all you English people!!!!). Yep, my face is "red hot" and well, my shoulders are about to turn to charcoal! So today, I've been walking with a long sleeved top ALL DAY to give my shoulders a break, though I can't say I gave my face the same chance!

Today has been a bit of a calm day....trying to organise to see the big REDWOOD trees here in California....and found out that there are two distinct types: the coastal redwoods which are really tall (about 300m!!!!!!) which are about a 7 hr drive north of San Francisco and the other type (weird and beautiful name of which i have NO CLUE of how to spell it!!!) which are famous for their majestic girths (some have roads going through them and they are still alive!!!!). So yes, after seeing the lovely Kauri trees in NZ, I thought it only right to go visit the redwoods here. but to get there by bus is impossible. It's only possible by car "moan moan". So i thought, what the hell, let's go get a quote to rent a car and then i can do a loop to the redwoods via Yosemite Park...well, it's not too expensive considering they charge like 25 dollars per day extra for anyone under the age of 25. but then, because I'm staying at the hostel next door to the car rental place, they will waive this extra cost!!!!! How cool is that???? So I got a quote of $54 a day: unlimited millage and includes all insurance for theft and third party!! So basically the guy says, that covers me for everything, even if i were to return with just the steering wheel and the key! Lol! What's the snag???? I don't have a credit card....hmmmm

Oh well, i think I'll just give the redwoods a miss and go to them another time when i go and visit Meike again in Hawaii before she leaves the place! So, I'll just take a bus to Yosemite and hike for a full day as well as just enjoy the nature one can find there!

As for today: didn't do much....just got a all day ticket for travelling on the cable cars here in SF and so I've just been going up and down! a waste of time perhaps, but I have not much else to do, and the breeze and ride is a lot of fun! lol! Also went to see the so called "crookedest" street in SF. It's famous for allegedly being the crookedest and steepest street in SF, but it's not really....but it is very pretty though.....

going to the hostel now to get things sorted for my trip to Yosemite tomorrow....i hope so anyway, haven't booked anything as yet! really doing things as they come a long....pretty relaxed....stupid really, considering the tourist season is almost in full swing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home